Widget ImageWell, at least The Moody Blues are quiet when they go to the Oakdale Theatre | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Well, at least The Moody Blues are quiet when they go to the Oakdale Theatre
February 1, 2015
7:47 pm
melomaniac
Forum Posts: 45
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This article was posted over at TER here: http://travellingeternityroad......M66ai70eFU

I like that The Moody Blues fans are considered "quiet" and will let MusherTom speak to that. :-)

Neighbors of Oakdale Theatre complaining about noise
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 8:11 AM EST

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/2799.....z3QXY8SHdV
WALLINGFORD, CT (WFSB) -

Bass thumping, house pulsating and life-altering are just a few ways neighbors describe what it feels like living next door to a popular concert venue.

Neighbors of the Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford said they are fed up with the late night noise.

“It's subsonic. It's not something you can listen to. You feel it. Things vibrate in your house, everything shakes. It's like I'm living in an earthquake zone,” said neighbor Brian Anderson.

The Andersons have had the Oakdale as their neighbor since 2008.

“There's people like Moody Blues, and they don't bother me, they're quiet,” Lorelei Anderson said.

The relationship with the neighborhood soured when the venue started holding smaller, standing room only shows in their ballroom style entrance, dubbed “The Dome.”

Neighbors said it became a noisy nuisance that sometimes would last until 2 a.m.

“I understand that you're going to have loud concerts and I don't mind them being loud, but there needs to be a cutoff point as to the loudness and the lateness,” Brian Anderson said.

The town has intervened, sending a cease and desist to Live Nation, the owners of the Oakdale, arguing that shows can't be held in a lobby area.

Live Nation filed an appeal but until that is heard, the music won't stop.

“Some people have to go to work, I understand you guys are playing, but on a Tuesday at 2 a.m., please, be quiet,” Brian Anderson said.

Live Nation didn't have a comment on the mater, and the appeal will be heard in 18 days.

Copyright 2015 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Read more: http://www.wfsb.com/story/2799.....z3QXYF4FkH

February 23, 2015
9:48 pm
mushertom
Forum Posts: 60

Well, here we are 22 days after the above was posted and this is the first i have heard of this issue. Have never been to a show in the "Dome" at Oakdale. Understand that the Dome area is actually the main lobby of the venue and occupies the area that the original Oakdale revolving stage and seating covered. I doubt seriously the exterior wall construction was ever intended to contain the sounds of loud music whereas the construction of the auditorium is probably more massive and able to attenuate any noises to the outside world. But then I have never been outside the venue during a show either and really don't know how what level of sound escapes the main auditorium.

As for the Moodies being "quiet" let me just say this. In 1992 my wife (now ex-) and I attended the Moodies show in New Haven. Quite unexpectedly we scored tickets in the third row (but that is another story entirely!) and did not have earplugs. My ears have been ringing ever since. Literally. I don't believe the band plays quite as loudly these days. Maybe someone should take a decibel meter to a show to see how loud they actually are. Anyway, I am eagerly awaiting the March 22nd show in Wallingford... so convenient just four miles from home! Bought tickets with vip package through CT Public Broadcasting so should have pretty good seats once again. Just hope all the snow around here has melted by then!

Best to all, MusherTom

February 23, 2015
10:05 pm
mushertom

Oh, by the way... still a LOT of tickets still available for that show. LET'S GO PEOPLE...

February 24, 2015
8:05 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

It just depends on your placement near the speakers.... I've had the same thing happen. Take earplugs. Alas you'll get the better musical effect probably further back. Me I'm obsessed and want to watch their feet. Bummer I do think sales are generally down.

February 27, 2015
8:57 pm
mushertom

WOW! I just looked at the ticket sales website and it appears that a TON of tickets were sold since my post on 2/23. Still some in the balcony and the far sides but it looks a lot better than a few days ago. Three weeks 'til show time!

February 28, 2015
1:28 am
lunazure

Oh good! I was checking Santa Rosa VIPs and those aren't selling at all! Hopefully it will pick up closer to curtain time. Yes I'm getting excited too. Much to plan yet!

March 1, 2015
2:18 pm
mushertom

Just curious,,, any MBT members/posters (other than myself) planning on attending the Wallingford show?

Also, CPTV is airing the Justin live concert Monday night (March 2nd) at 10:00pm.

Musher-T

March 6, 2015
9:17 pm
mushertom

My tickets for Wallingford arrived today... third row... can't complain. Section 102, Row C seats 3 & 4, somewhat left of center probably between Justin and Norda. Can't wait!

Musher-T

UPDATE 3/22/2015 9:00am local: Show is tonight. I just counted 501 unsold seats... that makes for a 90% sale in the 5000 seat venue. A few in the balcony, more on the far sides. Some single seats in the upper orchestra. Not too shabby I would think. Will report tomorrow with set list.

Bye for now.

May 15, 2018
8:44 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. Thank you all for giving good information free gift code generator

May 15, 2018
8:48 pm
lunazure

Why don't you go stick your finger in a light socket, 'bot?

I'd hate to think some GREEDY person has done this to the site, but I'm afraid it's so.

Just remember, Karma and what goes around comes around.

June 5, 2023
5:03 am
sonaxarrell
Forum Posts: 6

I'm glad to say that I will find this post to be extremely informative and helpful. I appreciate you all providing useful information. basketball stars

August 9, 2023
11:43 pm
emmausa0106
Forum Posts: 3

I have found a lot of very interesting information and knowledge since visiting this forum and reading the shared posts. retro bowl

August 30, 2023
11:56 pm
oralieman
Forum Posts: 6

What strikes the audience is the sheer diversity within the collection. From vivid, abstract patterns that seem to dance with life, to more muted and contemplative pieces that evoke a sense of serenity Geometry Dash

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0