Widget Image2016 Winter/Spring Tour | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2016 Winter/Spring Tour
October 19, 2015
6:42 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just read a post dated from August on TER. Surely it was updated, as I had not seen all the NC dates with space all around them. I may be tempted to postpone a move back to the tundra until after winter. Help!

October 28, 2015
11:09 am
leslee

Whining deleted.

October 28, 2015
8:29 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

A little whining is ok... we all do that once in a while.

But keep on feeling good about yourself.

October 29, 2015
12:15 am
leslee

There's nothing to feel good about me, but thanks for the thought.

I had flu-like symptoms for about a week. That should have detoxed me, but I still ain't right. The dog and I are in detention 'cos the boss needs to watch the debates (on recorded TV). I started reading a master zoning plan. The city is once again trying to come up with a "community" vision for a place where 70 percent of the people have signed a petition opposing that vision. I was trying to get out of reading the plan. By page 18 of 104 I was totally berserk, so I pulled up Newton's Principia just for some sanity. It helped, because I soon remembered a melody I had wanted to peck out on the virtual keyboard - can't haul the big thing to work and can't play it while the roommate's sleeping, so I just get to peck with the cursor these days. That led to me remembering a Moodies song that sounded as if it were in one key on one tape and another on another. I figured the computer wouldn't stretch bits and bytes, would it? So, I pulled up Sur la Mer on YouTube. Deep sent me back to Clarkston, in an era when I was crazy and free and there was nothing better to do with my time than get paid to seek truth and righteousness in a very beautiful place. I pulled up "Foolish Love" and that reminded me of that magical summer when I miraculously scored 15 seats in the first three rows for Moodies concerts and another in the fourth row, dead center. I remembered the crazy things that happened in Chicago that should have convinced any idiot over and over that God lives. I'm crying now, and maybe the ice in my heart will melt.

October 29, 2015
12:30 am
leslee

I was whining 'cos I thought I would get a ticket for Nashville. I expected tickets would go fast. They were listed by TM as being $125 on the high end. I logged on at exactly 10:00 a.m. CST, and all the good seats were sold out. So when I was able to try again, about three minutes later, the best seat was in the balcony. I thought of all the banks of empty seats I've seen at shows and thought something was fishy. So, after a little tantrum (because I'm still dysfunctional), I tried again and discovered it would cost $449 plus fees and charges for a good seat and a chance to play wax museum just to be a Graeme away from Justin. (Graeme and John are great people, and I don't mean otherwise.) It would have been nice, but I blew twice that on @#&%$#&%%^$*&$%^*@, and there 'tain't nuthin' left. So, I had another tantrum and spent what I had on books with the hope that some miracle will happen. My next purchase shall be a telescope, for to gaze upon fair Justin from the back of the loge. Juvenile is putting it nicely.

October 29, 2015
6:27 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I see no reason to go to Nashville.... it's too popular. Try one of the other shows that's in decent driving distance. After all the point is to see Justin, not hob nob with all the other Moody fans.

Isn't Atlanta near you? St. Augustine isn't THAT far. Try Louisville when it comes up for sale.

I concluded long ago there is no way to beat the scalpers, so I go around them. From what I can tell, the "popular" venues like the Roach House, Nashville etc are places the fans want to get together and gossip and chat etc etc. I burned out long ago on this sort of thing.... going through the Midwest with the low audiences (relatively) for this Justin solo show in September was just lovely. I knew only one other person doing the same thing I was.... no gossip. No running after Moodies in hotels. No stalker behavior. No discussion of bulges, nor of each other. There were empty seats up front and I found a good seat every time.

Do the unexpected in seat buying. And, try again later on the seat.... good ones come up off to the side sometimes.

July 6, 2018
8:43 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2667

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

Hurtubise, oilumiun12, monkaw, janelancy, ashbrails, edispirited, cin997, pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0