Widget ImageBeatles: past present future and love of their music in all forms | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Beatles: past present future and love of their music in all forms
July 16, 2014
8:20 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I can't find a topic this really goes with. Ron Howard isn't my idea of a drinking buddy, but he is a very good director. He and I are the same age purty much. This should be interesting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu.....s-20140716

July 23, 2014
7:02 pm
lunazure

Wow... I didn't know enough about Julian Lennon. Watched two really nice interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F815coz2A3s

July 25, 2014
6:50 pm
lunazure

leslee brought up *The Music Man* on another thread.... this song is sorta personal for me, in that it's one me mum made me stand and sing at the piano! There was a time I did this willingly and learned quite a bit about music and such (I sight read along with it of course.... mum was faking it, said she couldn't read music...) anyway this is one of the songs she taught me, I still love it. Years later when I stole my cousin's vinyl of the first Beatles album, it was on there and I was a little flabbergasted. It was nothing like "rock n' roll" a ballad of course. At the time, *The Music Man* was on my "nerd list" because everyone carried on over the movie far too much.... I despise marketing.

Took me a long time to watch *The Music Man*........ lo and behold there was the song. Lots of nice guitar work here, and Paul sings very well. Anyway I've been puttering around doing my chores today singing this. Lovely song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGuP_hpvWo

July 25, 2014
8:34 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Maybe Mr. NSA Man would drop your name as a stand-in in case Julie-Oolie needs a vacation.

I cannot play piano without two pairs of glasses anymore. If I move, my hands land in the wrong place, and my ears aren't good enough to catch it sometimes. Yeah. I'm growing old really fast. My boss went to the eye doctor today. While I was waiting, I spoke to the optician about advances in contact lens technology and read the Bible in the lobby, looking for harmonic relationships in Solomon's Temple. Yes. I'm off the deep end, but, you know, the specifics may have been to make the music sound good. I just thought I'd see. Anyway, I had a good time for a bit.

My favorite Biy-Tul song is "Michelle." I also love "Fool on the Hill."

July 25, 2014
11:03 pm
lunazure

I had a very weird dream about "Michelle" the song too, long ago. Never mind, it's my business. Gray said "The Fool on the Hill" was him, didn't he? It was all that Maharishi stuff floating around. Or maybe it was just that his wife ran off with some actor to the Maharishi's ashram.... I forget how it all went now.

December 4, 2014
12:30 pm
milkwhitegown
Forum Posts: 190

Much loved song...Things We Said Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....Hwqu_kfhAQ

February 16, 2015
1:18 pm
lunazure

Found a very good, and funny interview with Yoko. I had never heard or had forgotten the flies episode. I laughed so much last night over that I thought I'd have to change my bloomers. Can you believe Yoko turns *82* this month???? yee gads!!!! I hope she publishes a book someday with all those "lost" John sketches.... I love his stuff.

http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/.....ove/14151/

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0