Widget ImageCrop Circle for the New Year | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Crop Circle for the New Year
January 1, 2014
3:46 pm
ladyb
Forum Posts: 10
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Okay, will someone please interpret the Morris Code on the Computer Screen of the Crop Circle left for us for the New Year out in California? Or is it just something washed up from the Fukushima Incident? :o)

January 1, 2014
5:26 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

are you talking about the gibberish leslee and I leave all over the site?

I'd love to see it if there's a link. I promise I didn't do any fly overs of California last night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Definitely alien activity. But they did a nice job, you have to say. It was probably that hooligan who woke me up in his "wheel within a wheel" last November when I slept at the Salinas Elks lodge overnight. Still annoyed over that.

http://matrixbob.wordpress.com.....nia-video/

January 7, 2014
12:16 am
lunazure

found some more UFO activity! Wow they'll be invading next!!! We should be prepared. Might be Andorians, who are already "terraforming" the Earth to suit their needs better.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-ne.....rs-baffled

March 19, 2017
11:12 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

The aliens made some crop circles in the snow for us. Actually, I believe it was kids doing doughnuts. I walked the EVO! all the way into the center of Crop Circus Maximus and back out. She must get exasperated, like when I throw the keys in the field to see if she'll fetch. She will about three times, and then she's like, "If you're too stupid to keep throwing your keys, I'm not going to find them anymore."

Back to crop circles, did I ever say that book for Tom Valone's "Antigravitics Systems" was done under duress and every sentence was a left-handed compliment? I wrote a horrible review, to which the boss said, "We don't do negative reviews." Hence, the rewrite. It was like the time the Partridge Family dressed up like chickens to get out of doing a gig, and the agent replied, "I don't like it. I love it." I believe "Eleanor, Gee I Think You're Swell" rose to fame after a similar story.

So, for the record, I have no reason to believe aliens are among us, though I don't put it out of the realm of possibility. I definitely don't think a book of poorly-assembled photocopies is proof the aliens gave our military the recipe for the B-2 or whatever that was. (Everybody knows the B-2 is 50 short of the love shack.) Thirdly, I am in the last one percentile of people who one could convince antigravity exists. I've seen no proof, and my wee brain drills down axiomatically no further than protons and electrons.

But, then again, I'm the kway-kway because wormholes, time travel, and all that jazz are intuitively obvious to all the beard-scratchers who pretend to have read Minkowski. I think I read that collection of essays twice and didn't see how anything led up to GRT. But that was another life. I told some folks today I've spent as long forgetting physics as I'd spent trying to get good at it.

OK. I vented about everything - except the dude who asked in a very loud voice in front of Mr. Stalker, "Is that your new XXXX car?" I blew him off about five times and finally said yes, so now Mr. Stalker surely has the tag number and will surely find where I live and work before the post office can.

Wait. What's that big forehead outside the window? It's moving. It's looking right at ----- Oh, it's my reflection.

March 20, 2017
9:00 pm
lunazure

A tough act to follow, that!

I live in two worlds 1) fantasy, where my sheer mind power can make things happen and

2) the world of facts, prove it, and the scientific method.

Anti gravity, have yet to understand it. Electromagnetic levitation, yea I could get behind that.

Most people DO live in the land of Make believe, and I have to say, it's a lot more entertaining than the scientific method.

OK time to turn off the news, and turn Star Trek back on....

March 21, 2017
8:28 am
leslee

I was trained not to waste time in a land of fantasy. Of course, my dreams go wonderful places, but they're just dreams. My mind can change its attitude, but I don't believe I have any psychokinetic powers, and wouldn't want any 'cos that would be scary. I used to be really good at finishing peoples' sentences, and that was scary enough - for others, not me. So, I stopped it and now am as miserable at it as everybody else.

I don't believe in anti-gravity because I see the physical world (dead matter sans vis viva) axiomatically as objects protons and neutrons with properties Newton's Law and Coulomb's Law. End of story. Now, if you make one proton go rogue and repel protons - that's just not how I think this universe was designed. The disaster of such a thing used to be clearer in my mind. The trick would involve sub-particles, which I remain wont to admit, as I've never had the pleasure of introduction. I liked the physicist who said particles were the figments of one's imagination that appear from too long staring in a cloud chamber. Another dude said long ago the Nobel Prize should be awarded to the physicist who doesn't discover a new particle. Particles, like wormholes, are like patchwork. They are invented as fudge factors because there is a problem with one's equations. And then, when they are "proven" because the math works to show they exist with the false assumptions in the first place - Voila! Corroboration!

I'm such a luddite.

March 21, 2017
11:27 pm
lunazure

I can get behind that too.... Dark Matter and Dark Energy were both agreed upon by astrophysicists needing a cute name for a fudge factor. Something that is throwing a gravity silhouette, but can't be seen.

Positrons (antimatter opposites of electrons) have been detected pretty well, but negatrons... .I don't think so yet. It IS a problem in science, that theories are accepted so long and so loudly, that no one remembers to verify and nail down the facts that prove it... one must remain skeptical in science.

Then again we accept so much on faith, those of us who are of a religious bend. ...... mostly we shouldn't get so bent out of shape when something goes against what we believe in long and loud. Because our beliefs might be founded on shifting sand.... how would we know until the sand shifts?

March 22, 2017
11:30 am
leslee

I've long maintained there are two ways of arriving at truth: religion and science. Religion is top-down, revelation from God. Science is bottom-up refinement of hypotheses by painstaking refutation. The latter is asymptotic, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, but providing a working framework for technology to advance. Both are subject to corrupting influences. (See other thread, wherever it is.)

My religion doesn't disagree with science anywhere - except where science is wrong - I say as a pighead. But seriously. My science is about prediction the motion of dead matter; and religion is ever learning how to love others better. If we find the genes controlling early-onset arthritis, should I love my neighbor less?

I remain a staunch Newtonian mechanic, and yet believe in visions and miracles. I see no contradiction. I ascribe to the school of thought that teaches just because you can explain things in terms of physics, it doesn't mean your prayer for mercy didn't unlock an angel somewhere to set things in motion.

March 22, 2017
8:09 pm
lunazure

Unlock an angel!!!! I LOVE it! Yes we should always leave open the possibility that our prayers might (however small or subtle) actually be providing a nudge or two. You never know.

I ran across an unsettling essay the other day, from David Brin, posted to our Heinlein newsgroup to stir up commentary (we Heinleinians go to sleep sometimes) Brin was essentially coming unglued about the current administration, afraid it was going to turn into a religious dictatorship. We get these people on the RAH group sometimes.... they unfailingly quote the story "If this Goes On" a novelette by Heinlein written shortly after WWII when everyone had just gotten over a good dose of tyranny and where it leads.

The problem was, Brin was cherry picking for his political agenda. Heinlein wrote MANY novels after that one, but the people who try to point to Heinlein as a "prophet of the future" always have narrow perspectives. I won't even dignify them by calling them Libertarians... in fact I get the feeling most Libertarians have only read one (if any) Heinlein books... usually the one I just mentioned. No put down to present company. I've always felt the true core of the Libertarian movement should be and is the Constitution, not Objectivism, or Heinlein.

I've read most of Brin's novels (very very good) and he usually comes over as an atheist (it does not interfere with his stories.) I think at the very least, someone scientifically minded would be an agnostic. Because we DON'T know what happens after Death, where our minds go during dreaming and visions, or WHY we do these things. We DON'T understand it all. Dark Matter could be the Mind of God, only we don't know it. Being absolute in such things is just narrow minded, no matter your evidence.

People who uphold science with no religious belief behind it, were probably tortured by zealot parents or something, as children. It makes sense that the truth is somewhere in between, something that takes into account both perspectives. I've known many science people who have a grudging religious stance... because they understand the limits and mysteries of science.

March 24, 2017
10:22 pm
leslee

I still say we have both: science predicts the motion of dead matter; religion cultivates agency.

March 25, 2017
6:59 pm
lunazure

I think it was the Golden Compass trilogy that had the seraphim and such dropping out of UFOs and being shock troops, with "flaming swords" ie light sabres or something. I need to re-read those books, they were very strange. The last one is not appropriate for kids, because she grows up.

Worked in the yard all morning, defying all sorts of scientific gardening rules. Reached stopping spot... me for lunch and a bath. And a book. Didn't Justin once say he didn't do baths, did showers? Man he doesn't know what he's missing... a book and a nice deep long bath. Nothing like it. Gorgeous day here.

July 6, 2018
8:40 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

cool this post gift card generator

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2667

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

Hurtubise, oilumiun12, monkaw, janelancy, ashbrails, edispirited, cin997, pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0