Widget ImageDiana: Not One Gram Of Royalty, But Every Bit The Trueblood Of Nobility | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Diana: Not One Gram Of Royalty, But Every Bit The Trueblood Of Nobility
August 31, 2017
10:16 pm
magicalbluetail
Forum Posts: 63
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 1, 2017
11:28 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Eh I'll skip it. She was a nice lady, but that was so long ago. She got issued a husband who was part of the Boomer generation, and some of us Boomers didn't have too much sense when it came to love and marriage. But she had lovely sons, I enjoy following the exploits of both of them.

I think her marriage (and eventual divorce) to Charles marked an end to an era, that of royalty marrying for political purposes, rather than for love or what is felt in the heart. I guess there are still women out there who would marry (or stay with) a guy just for the "meal ticket" or for money... I don't think Diana had that precisely in mind, but she was pressured into it, and Charles was too (IMHO) In the name of preserving the monarchy according to a set of rules.

Marriage according to pedigree. Yea that's really worked over the years. I'm saying that after digging through generations of my own family going back to a hairy MacGregor in Scotland who backed up Robert the Bruce and got a lordship out of it. I think. Confused

I shall end here, but I hope there was some love between Charles and Diana. They were young, and locked into their life's stations. And Diana did a lot for the people too, in matters of philanthropy.

September 1, 2017
2:48 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said
And Diana did a lot for the people too, in matters of philanthropy.

And that, my friend, is my point:, that which distinguishes the difference between nobility; and royalty: which is best understood as an Imperial Elitist such as Elizabeth enjoying "ClubFed" at the expense of the everyday person. That the Queen had decided, upon observation of the people's response to Diana's demise, that it would be in the best interest of the Monarchy to provide a state funeral for them on behalf of Diana and her family speaks volumes of the character that possesses such people...had she made that decision on other terms, history would be telling a different story.

Diana made a difference in more ways than one-

September 2, 2017
4:54 pm
lunazure

I think the bottom line is, those boys were just devastated. I feel so bad for poor Harry, the kid burst into tears on television when Elton John did his song for her. He was only like 12 or 13.

That state funeral was rough on them all. But it was appropriate.

It also should have taught everyone a lesson. Do not gun the car and try to escape the paparazzi. Put on a gorilla mask and leer back at the turkeys if you have to, but don't make foolish decisions. I've seen limos with the Moodies speed up to avoid fans (me in one case, that was long ago in Tahoe.... ) and I did NOT speed up, I slowed down. Udo drives like a bat outta Hades too, I've clocked him.

September 5, 2017
2:49 pm
magicalbluetail

lunazure said

-I think the bottom line is, those boys were just devastated. I feel so bad for poor Harry, the kid burst into tears on television when Elton John did his song for her. He was only like 12 or 13.

--That state funeral was rough on them all. But it was appropriate.

---It also should have taught everyone a lesson. Do not gun the car and try to escape the paparazzi. *Put on a gorilla mask and leer back at the turkeys if you have to, but don't make foolish decisions*. blockquote>
--Harry's the cutie, I always thought--For both-in time, look how they turned out: so much better than 'royalty' 🙂
---Carry at least sixpack, as well-talk about psyops, that should encourage reservation.
*heheLaugh

December 23, 2017
9:31 pm
lunazure

Those spies are everywhere.

Sometimes even roosting in your frontal lobe. Hehehe yourself Wink

My neighbors carry 12 packs. One of them kept making passes at me when I took my walk in the evening... tried not to hurl and eased away... check the doors every night for good locks.

OK magazine has the Duchess as preggers with twins now. As much I as enjoy this "Star Wars" fever thing, I really wish tabs would blab less.... the kids are cute. England needed this next generation... it was tough getting here but it's working out ok now.

December 24, 2017
2:57 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I'm not afraid of spies. I don't get to take baths anymore, so what could they use as scandalous photos?

December 25, 2017
8:34 pm
lunazure

I'm an avid Star Wars fan... read *The Princess Diarist* written by Carrie Fisher, who was "royalty" her parents were some sort of heart throbs of the 50s, Carrie was born in 1956. By her own admission she did drugs, drank like a fish. She finally came out and said she and Harrison Ford were playing out their roles in real life... (keeping it family here...) anyway she wasn't a fab actor, but she is quite funny in a few movies I've seen her in.

Hollywood acts like she WAS a princess. The poor girl, she looked terrible in this latest Star Wars movie and apparently had been up to her old habits with drugs as per the coroner... a year younger than me and dead already. sad. She really was quite a good writer, I need to track down more of her books.

So you never know what is going on behind the "Princess door"... my attitude is we all hang up our clothes the same way. Being kind to yourself and then to others, that's the true measure of worth IMHO. Not money pedigree or smoozh-ability.

Was just looking at the photos of the royal family for this Christmas, thought I'd share. Princess Kate is a real good gal IMHO. Alas Prince William, just a year older than my son, is going bald (as is my son) so that's gotta make you feel old.... Kiss

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5208804/prince-charles-arrives-at-christmas-church-in-sandringham-as-meghan-markle-expected-to-join-prince-harry-and-other-royals-for-service/

December 26, 2017
4:05 pm
leslee

Actually, I only hang up my clothes about once a year.

December 26, 2017
8:51 pm
lunazure

I have a considerable stack to hang up myself... maybe tonight, since I go on vacation tomorrow. It's nice to come back to a tidy house.

February 10, 2018
8:23 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

Thank you, I will check it out later. Lots of activity here right now free google play gift code generator

February 10, 2018
3:19 pm
leslee

What do Lady Di, laundry, and Google Play have in common?

Vowels!

What am I doing?

February 10, 2018
3:21 pm
leslee

I mean no disrespect to Lady Di and her family. Her memory should be honored.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0