Widget ImageMother's Day coming up | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Mother's Day coming up
April 24, 2016
4:00 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thought I'd start a thread for Mother's Day. The reason being, I keep running into people who have lost their Mum lately. It sadly seems to be that time of life for many of us, last Friday the lady I subbed for had her mom die the day before, and she seemed so exhausted.... took the day off, she was just wandering, getting out the door that morning. Maybe we can all say something nice about our moms here.... my own mom died almost right on Mother's Day, I don't even know what we were doing on actual Mother's Day, we were all so strung out at the time. Anyway I'm starting the thread, and putting up one of my mom's favorite songs. She made me promise I'd play it at her funeral, but it sorta didn't happen that way.... my brother was working through his own grief so I let him do his thing.... a couple of years later I took Mom's ashes out "high on a windy hill" and scattered them, and played her this song on my guitar. Not very well 'cause I was sorta emotional. But thinking back over life, and my mom.... no she's not here anymore to talk to. She's in a happy place full of clouds and music. And I wish so much I could have made life a little nicer for her, she was such a miserable person in some ways (long story) and we fought, but mom really just wanted the best for all of us, and loved us all in her way. I miss her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TwT69i1lU

April 24, 2016
6:19 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Any tribute I prepare for me Mum would be too boorish. Though multitalented with a photographic memory, musical proficiency, and superior intelligence, she kept a low profile. Her priorities appeared to be living with integrity and honor in the sense of being right and doing the right thing. I've been trying to imagine her and Prince, and what they say with clearness of vision. Mum nods and says of Prince's persona, "Makes sense." I suppose she is now free of arthritis, able to move again, and able to communicate once again with powerful reason. When she left, I assumed her love was like God's, and she was so beyond anything my earthly mind could construct, she didn't care about what a mess I am, which she could see with perfection if it mattered. Then, I thought I was perchance minimizing the impact of my wreckage and was indeed worthy of heavenly wrath. I cry, but I do not mourn. I told three folks at church today she was on a cloud jamming with Prince, Merle, and David Bowie - knowing full well I had no idea whereof I spoke. When she passed, I was so surprised, I forgot to respond to my brother's email, and that sent the sister looking for where the Moodies were, as they assumed I was again chasing Justin across the countryside. I go to lots of concerts but not that many.

Mum liked this one:

and this one:

April 24, 2016
10:39 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Nilsson is possibly an even better songwriter than Justin... and that's saying something. Good voice too. Died with cirrhosis of the liver, drank himself to death. Frown I never could stand "Those Were the Days" mostly because it was played FAR too much when it came out. My mom liked a lot of modern singers, Morrison and yes Moodies. She thought John Lodge was cute.

OK I'm shutting up on this thread, it's for others if they wish to write about their mums. No wandering off topic.

May 8, 2016
2:32 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

We had our Mother's Day presentation at church today. I went in with my eyes burning and scarcely able to open for allergies. I could hardly read the music. Then, I wasn't used to the piano. It was hyper-touch-sensitive. So, I made one HUGE clinker, and that threw me off so I lost my place. It was all downhill from there.

Yeah. I salute the real musicians of the world.

July 6, 2018
8:42 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253

cool this post gift card generator

July 10, 2018
2:46 am
kiko
Forum Posts: 54

Very nice video thank you for sharing
vex

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2667

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

Hurtubise, oilumiun12, monkaw, janelancy, ashbrails, edispirited, cin997, pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0