Widget Image

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Open Fan
October 13, 2018
4:58 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So, I tried to sign on to this site earlier today, and this page appeared:

https://themoodyblues.openfan.com/moody-blues-newsletter-signup?microsite=true&registration_type=gmail

I couldn't get off that page until I gave it my facebook and google mail details. Among permissions granted was that of reading my emails. If that was what was needed to find out when there would be any concerts, then I supposed that was what I must do.

I figured maybe Graeme had quit and the band was defunct and all would be left would be a newsletter - or something. That is why I played along.

Well, the page isn't there anymore, and I'm wondering: If I buy a ticket and they read my email and download the confirmation or link to downloading the ticket, can they get somebody to sit in my seat whilst I'm booted without a leg to stand on?

October 13, 2018
4:59 pm
leslee

A better question would be, should I change my email address and let the spiders have at the old one? Prowly.

October 15, 2018
3:02 am
leslee

OK. I'm signing off all social media activity for 10 days. (Yay.) I should have done this before I sold my soul to Open Fan.

Lots of love to all; especially Justin. I'll be back October 25 at a little past 3 or so. Hopefully, I'll be less narcissistic, less scary, etc.

November 21, 2018
7:52 pm
leslee

I'm posting here because I'm one of those awful fans, and I was opening things today; namely, Dove Silky Smooth Promises Dark Chocolate & Mint Swirls. They have messages inside, and would you believe I opened eight with the message, "Dare to cross the line"? (The next most numerous of any message was 4-5, and I will leave it to the world to conclude why I was opening so many and if I ate them all.)

The message is something over which I have struggled muchly. On the one hand, I could choose Dove to be my master instead of Udo next time I try to hang out by the stage door. I could put the wrappers in my pocket and present them to whatever security forces are present. Dove's orders.

But, then I fear I would only make a terrible donkey of myself and annoy my big hero. I've seen people rush the line, but they're usually cute and bubbly and a joy to anybody. I'm more inclined to have a strange resemblance to a cat named Frankenstein - inside and out. So here I remain, stuck on the wrong side of the line, wondering if every second spent doing dorky fan stuff might have been better spent practicing or composing.

What if I had cultivated an uncanny depth of wisdom and could post revolutionary insights of health and love instead of drivel?

November 26, 2018
11:14 pm
leslee

It's still lonely in here. I haven't heard a thing from Justin. Last year, we were hearing something every other day, if only somebody else posting the answers to his Q&A piecemeal on Twitter. It made one feel alive.

Maybe I should rejoin Open Fan. Is anybody getting any news from that? I remain schitzy, as MBT did not answer my inquiry as to whether OF was their partner or a pirate. And, again, if they read my email, they could make copies of all the tickets I purchase online and sell them to others, making me the loser in musical chairs.

Other than that, The EVO! is laid up with a sore paw. The vet says it's not serious, but she doesn't want to walk. That means I've not had any exercise and I shall soon be climbing the walls.

Other than that, who likes the Christmas cards this year? So many are a tired aqua with bright red. I remember the old days when it was believed colors should go together if they were going to be together. These cards look like they came out of high school clash day.

Another weirdness is I am getting a lot of coupons in the email from venues and ticket vendors. I don't recall that happening before, but Justin hasn't announced any new shows. Yefim Bronfman is coming to town, but I think I'll save my money for gas. Yefim is amazing, and the balcony seats would be the place to be - but Justin has a way of kick-starting this soul that's as jaded as the aqua on a Christmas card.

I'll try harder to have something valuable to post next time. The well, as they say, is dry.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0