Widget ImagePortlandia | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Portlandia
April 23, 2015
8:49 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Today is special because it is the date that looks like the numbers on Justin's license plate in the "Wildest Dreams" video. That sounds foolish, so let me try again. Today is special because all you Moody fans in Portlandia get a concert, and if you're lucky and it's still standing and as good as it used to be, you can go to Fruitilandia before the show. I'll tell you it is delicious, but I will not tell you whether I'm speaking of the former or the latter.

By all means live in the moment, but if you get some downtime, a report here and there wouldn't be too shabby. Be extra good to Justin and all that.

Wait. These long hours are mixing me up. I thought it was yesterday - er, tomorrow. I give up.

April 23, 2015
11:17 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I don't believe I'll be going to Fruitlandia. I did find out for certain that I don't like carrot juice. I do plan to get a bottle of cranberry juice at Fred Meyer however. I'll be happy if I can just find a good parking spot for the night.

I'm not beating myself up posting reviews.... eventually I'll write up the whole thing. I sorta have a big mouth anyway, so I want to find the right words before posting them. Yes, living in the moment.

Justin didn't look very happy with his adoring minions last night, but I suspect he was just really tired, for his own reasons. I hope he stays in bed and reads, or watches a good movie or journals today or something. I think he's been pretty busy arranging his solo tours, he should take time off to vege. Then again what do I know.......... Confused

There is more to life than wondering what Justin is doing.

April 24, 2015
12:47 am
leslee

lunazure said

There is more to life than wondering what Justin is doing.

Oh, but I wonder about what he thinks and feels, too. Stretching beyond that, my heart would stop and I would cease to emit brain waves.

April 25, 2015
9:15 am
leslee

What's the word on Justin?

May 1, 2015
6:26 pm
lunazure

More than a word! Laugh but I want to type up my notes and not be squirrelly........ please be patient. His Nibs is in FINE shape........... happy and grinning a lot more than in some of the photos I saw from back east!!!! Rest assured he's a happy well balanced human, and I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. Cool

Some really burning fret work, that's a fact.

May 9, 2015
11:32 pm
lunazure

leslee if you go to this link, about two posts down, there are links to all the shows, my reviews anyway. I'm still working on the photos. If you go through the whole thread, you'll find links to other reviews and photo links. It was cold in Phoenix, they did an outdoor show.

http://illaheematters.yuku.com.....U7Q3JNOCUQ

I think things are just how they should be in the Moody world right now.

March 27, 2017
1:53 pm
lunazure

A quick post to roll to the top. I haven't been out to Edgefield for a LONG time, be prepared for outbound traffic from Portland if this June show is during the week. Also it loves to rain in Portland, so things may or may not be soggy. I can only think of the one time I saw the arena, like in the 90s and there was just an open field and a stage.

March 28, 2017
9:39 pm
leslee

I remember it well, Fruitilandia. Yum! The sun between the buildings, the nice public transportation - but most of all Justin walking right past me and me watching him go. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

March 30, 2017
7:52 pm
lunazure

leslee, you and I shall go down in Moody history as complete cowards for our behavior that late afternoon. But His Nibs DID turn his nose right up in the air when the elevator doors opened, and I can take a hint... and yes walked right past him too.

If I knew you were headed this way for the Edgefield show, I'd try to get us a room. Otherwise, my bottom shall be in the car seat headed home right after the show.

July 6, 2018
8:23 am
maitrishah1
Forum Posts: 253
July 16, 2018
10:37 pm
leslee

leslee said

I remember it well, Fruitilandia. Yum! The sun between the buildings, the nice public transportation - but most of all Justin walking right past me and me watching him go. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Some things continue to haunt me.

July 24, 2018
12:22 pm
lunazure

Eh Justin was in a hurry to get to the theatre... like I say, the bus went off and left him! Just as well we let him go, he looked stressed. That's what he gets for blow drying his hair too long

July 24, 2018
1:39 pm
leslee

I only saw his hair go by the window and knew it must have been him who walked behind me. I ran to the door and the doorman opened it as if expecting me, but he was long gone.

July 26, 2018
2:25 am
lunazure

I think he hyperwarped

July 26, 2018
11:24 pm
leslee

Oh, Masta Po. There is a thesaurus of synonyms for "divine," and "hyperwarped is not one of them.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0