Widget ImageSearch for ET | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Search for ET
July 21, 2015
1:00 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It's terribly slow out in the Moodyverse these days. I thought I'd try to stir up some discussion with this really fine article I just read about "revitalizing" the SETI project. Dr. Hawkings is such a nice dude.... I wish him well. Tech keeps moving right along, so maybe we'll find something this time. Maybe if we broadcast some Moody Blues to Alpha centauri, they'll answer us!!! Laugh

http://www.foxnews.com/science.....ch-for-et/

July 23, 2015
10:05 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

You surely know by now this pop-star physics irritates me. I view it more about keeping NASA relevant or justifying tenure by "capturing the imagination" of idiots like me wno don't know squat about physics. Although I regret him stooping to accept gummint money, I adore how Elon Musk was able to accomplish space missions on budgets perhaps two orders of magnitude less than governments could.

Personally, I love Earth too much to be enticed by drab outer space. I wish I could share the view out my window at work. The world is glorious. But for those who want to look for life on other planets, I say go for it. It must be nice to have a calling.

lunazure said Maybe if we broadcast some Moody Blues to Alpha centauri, they'll answer us!!! Laugh

Taking advantage of the ambiguity in pronouns, I was thinking it might be easier to ask Jeff Wayne for Justin's phone number. Unfortunately, I've been starstruck so long, I don't know what on earth I'd say to Justin in his presence. Actually, I do know. I'd say nothing or some kind of jibberish.

July 23, 2015
1:53 pm
lunazure

Dr. Hawkings takes advantage of the Pop corn physics.... I see nothing wrong with it, and you have to get the kids excited about it too. We're talking about a Moon base to mine the Moon in the next twenty years over on another news group of mine. I'm too old and worn out for it, but there must be young entrepreneurs who will buy into it. One must keep hoping.

It's a pretty big Universe all reet, but if anyone can track it down, Dr. Hawkings and new tech might do it.

July 28, 2015
10:56 am
leslee

Elon Musk might do it faster and cheaper.

August 3, 2015
11:25 pm
lunazure

OK I looked him up.... he has a mark against him, that of Space X. I would not ride in one of their rockets, thank you. It's easy to talk about ideas, but a far different thing to produce tangible results that are safe and commercially feasible. His track record seems a little over extended. Cheap is not a factor when it comes to safety.

However, being a pretty face with a silver tongue, I'm sure many trust him, especially with investments. I hope he's not a hero, he does seem to have a good grasp of physics and such.

I thought of something very amusing to post here, in fact I'll do a web search in a second. I hope it disturbs you leslee,Laugh I'm on a weird jag tonight (been reading up on Pee Wee Herman, warped me a bit) Do you remember a Twilight Zone about Talking Teena? Well about a week ago, I woke up in the back bedroom where I fell asleep reading, it's stacked with stuffed toys, some of my own (one of my secret hobbies, I collect weird toys, like K9 from Loony Toons), some are my grandson's rejects; and there was my old Chatty Cathy laying next to me, stuffed in a bag for protection. I looked at her. She looked back. I decided it was time to get her restored.

Similar to Pee Wee, I too sometimes have things talk back to me (I was sorta floored when my new car whispered her name to me as we took our first ride together) so anyway I took this seriously, had some spare time and got to researching Chatty Cathy repair. Found a pretty good deal on line, for $50 I can get her voice repaired, and get her cleaned, and hair styled, along with a new pair of socks. (Doll clothes I can sew: the socks and shoes are tough!!!) Anyway for a few days, I've lugged that doll around the house a bit, and I keep thinking "Talking Teena" rather than Chatty Cathy.

This is not a good thing when you live by yourself to start calling your old doll Talking Teena. Anyway I sent her off to Alpha centauri today, aka MO for a repair job. I could hear her screaming as the jolly postman took her sealed box to the back "Let me out! Let me out!" I stuffed her head in a plastic bag too, before I boxed her up.

We shall see. Cool

As an adult, I'm rather proud of my 6 year old child self. I took good care of her.... she's still in good shape. Never did understand kids who bash toys, I would never have dreamed of such a thing, even as a little kid. Odd.

August 3, 2015
11:29 pm
lunazure

AAGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHHHHGHGHH

Just entered The Twilight Zone. Seriously I sat here screaming......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Doll_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29

The kid's name is spelled just like mine. AGHGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

Having had that hysterical nervous break down, June Foray did the voices of both Talking Teena and Chatty Cathy! She is better known as Rocky the Flying Squirrel. NOW I'm really going to enjoy getting that doll back and pulling her string!!! LaughLaughLaughLaugh

August 4, 2015
9:06 am
leslee

You are so much better than me. I must have told you we used to have intergalactic beauty contests with our dolls - the most memorable being the Street Sweeper from Mars with two long-haired heads on the hands and two fuzz-ball (Remember the old Barbies with the short old-lady hair? We called one Endora beacause that's who she looked like.) heads on the feet. My parents should have put me away so much earlier.

Anyway, unlike you and Justin, I didn't fall for Cliff Richard music until much later, as in "We Don't Talk Anymore." I don't like the words, just the singing and the arrangement. I can't embed again.

Whoa! I just watched what I was listening to - a dude in a gold disco shirt! Made me smile.

August 4, 2015
9:13 am
leslee

Back to Elon, I was under the impression his failed missions numbered not above average for the field. He is faulted for taking gummint money, but he does much more with gummint money than the gummint. As for the pretty face, I read he had a nose job because of what happened during one of his routine bullyings received as a child geek. From my extremely limited experiences with on-the-verge scientists, I would give Musk a very high signal-to-noise rating.

But Justin's always the main hero. In a league/universe by himself. Make no mistake.

August 4, 2015
7:35 pm
lunazure

Well I hope Elon is on the up and up. I'm so used to having flim flam men in my face in the media. James Cameron is one of those Renaissance men I would bow to and say "I am not worthy" anyone who dives to the bottom of the Marianas Trench and survives, me 'ats off to them. They say he's a real grouch socially. Jets and rockets aren't something you can fool around with.... I appreciate his management genius and abilities, but a rocket weld can't be messed with. Even NASA has their off days. No room for error with some tech. So many space people are out of work or retiring, we may have to reinvent the wheel to get to Mars... if ever.

(Having a flash back to a few jet incidents... I'll be ok in a moment.....) Confused

Nice descriptions on the Intergalactic beauty contests!!! Have you seen Toy Story yet? Laugh

Sorry to bore everyone with the doll story yesterday. I seriously had a nice time making her a set of clothing on Sunday, looking forward to seeing how she comes back. It's a pleasure having this staycation.... catching up on a lot of little things like that (like fixing my talking doll). Gosh restored Chatty Cathys are going for $225 on line, with reproduced "vintage" clothing. Maybe I'll set up a side line if I can figure out how to make the shoes.

August 6, 2015
10:44 am
leslee

No need to apologize. Maybe you could make some outfits for Justin's guitars. It's so cute when he "plays dolls" with them.

August 6, 2015
8:18 pm
lunazure

I've actually thought about that. I wonder how Red would look in a tutu. Did I tell you I *touched* the purple tapestry he throws over Red sometimes? During the onstage thang? It looks like a towel with an elephant on it. It's a tapestry. Not a towel.

August 7, 2015
9:10 am
leslee

You did post that. I am quite aware of the cloth, as its color under blue lighting is catnip for my eyes. I would not want to touch anything of Justin's. I feel like Pig Pen with my swirling cloud of crud. My fingerprints would smudge, besmirch, and otherwise soil crisp, meadow-scent linen.

August 7, 2015
3:44 pm
lunazure

I had taken a bath!!!!

Sigh just think, my cooties and Justin's on that tapestry, commingling. Perhaps swapping RNA LaughLaughLaugh

"We are here we are here!" -- Dr. Seuss

August 7, 2015
10:07 pm
leslee

I wasn't saying you didn't bathe. He is probably honored to have your touch. I'm just saying I'm persona non grata, and I'd be pining away for lack of bail now if I tried that.

August 9, 2015
1:16 pm
lunazure

Oh naw... don't do that. In fact I don't think I've ever seen that item out on the stage before during an "on stage tour" thang. This was in Santa Rosa, and their sound check was rushed that night. In fact we did the onstage tour before the band got on stage!!! So the roadies had put it out there for Justin. That was a sorta weird evening.... the one Mike Pinder showed up at. I think they started on the road mid afternoon, or in reasonable time to get to Santa Rosa (about 2 hours north of The City) and got stuck in the usual mad cram up Hwy 101..... that's what they get for being so leisurely, but the place they stayed in San Jose really WAS a nice hotel. I bet they drove back and stayed there too again, before heading south to LA.

August 20, 2015
1:04 am
lunazure

Back on the subject of ET, I spotted a ball/tangle of hot pink yarn on my worktable today (this after dabbing green paint all over some topaz glass panals for a lamp reconstruction in process) went on line and finally found a pattern for Clangers. You'll have to look them up, but they are little knit alien critters that were in a English kid's show in the 60s (I think) look like a cross between an anteater, a Womble and a pig. Anyway I was well into knitting it when USPS dropped a sizable box at the door, and my doll was in it, all clean and her hair done! Now to show how the memory is, I had forgotten that her hair was that short, it was like in a bob which was popular with the ladies back then.... and she talks again!!! Wearing some very natty socks. I'm tickled to death (it's like Christmas when I was little.... kinda weird) and took her to the fabric shop to share and find some clothes. Got her some sunglasses and tights, she seems to fit into American Girl doll clothes, all except for the shoes.

Anyway I had a super good day, and I'm going to have to remember to knit when I'm feeling down or weird. It seems to level my head out again.

PS one of the gals at the store called me "creepy" with my doll, not sure how serious she was. Another customer was tickled to death, she had had a Chatty Cathy too. It's like having your old Mustang brought back to life. I'm sorta intrigued by the voice mechanism too, what I've seen of it on line, it may have been a prototype for the disc drive in the same way the Mellotron was the prototype for the VCR.

Too bad this site won't take photos (I'd share visuals), but that had to be done sadly.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2670

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

39botenten, sarahlison, barek133723, Hurtubise, oilumiun12, monkaw, janelancy, ashbrails, edispirited, cin997

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0