Widget ImageSpouting Off Into the Aether | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Spouting Off Into the Aether
December 10, 2018
2:07 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been gone for two weeks and dreamed last night the board was filled with new and joyous, Moody-related content. I also dreamed of everything conspiring against me to get to a Justin show. I've forgotten most of it, now; but I recall I was too porky for my outfit, and I had to go home and get something that fit.

In the meantime, we had a power outage. It was fine, because there were plenty of blankets and coats here. I kept reading myself to sleep until the power came back on. And so, I missed an important missive from the OTB Cruise people. Everything they write seems to be doublespeak to my mind. The email was an imperative: action required; and the subject was a conditional: if you need this. So, if they were looking to kick me off the cruise, they had me either way. "Look! She responded with a null form! She is unfit to travel!"

This cruise thing is reminding me of the R&RHoF induction ceremony. It's fine if you're a socialite with nothing but money and time to chase Justin across the countryside. But for anybody having to watch where the money goes, and trying to get the most bang for the buck; I really detested the marketing strategy. It seems to have turned out quite well, but in the days leading up, when I should have been arranging time off, when good seats were available - it was being billed as a big nuthinburger.

Well, I found in my spam this invitation that probably went to everybody else's inbox. It offered for $799 or something a cabin behind the golden ropes. If I opted for this, it could mean I would get a $300 refund on my room, and instead of getting assigned a seat in the back row, I would know I was going to be in the back. In exchange, it would be cool to have Justin as a neighbor for five days.

"Hey, Justin! Want me to grab something from the cafeteria?"
"No thanks. I've got room service."

"Hey, Justin. Wanna go work out in the gym?"
"Yes, I do; but not with you, dear."

"Hey, Justin. How's it going?"
[puts book up over face]

More likely, though, it would go:

"Hello, fan."
[freeze with fear]

"Are you going to the show tonight, fan?"
[freeze with fear]

"How are you doing, today, fan?"
[studder, stammer, panic, and then freeze with fear]

He'd probably be on another floor, in a seventh heaven; and I'd be in one of the lower levels of the Inferno with real rock stars barfing and swearing and doing the stuff one hears about but is fortunately spared from seeing.

Then, Mike Dawes is offering an expensive cabin; but you have to "like" stuff on social media, where I have gone dark besides my personal choice not to "like" anything for remuneration.

The days pass, and I still wonder what Justin might be up to, hoping its lots of peace and tranquility and not life in hospital or something.

December 20, 2018
1:38 pm
leslee

Does anybody else feel like life lost its meaning since Justin disappeared? Asking for the proverbial friend.

December 20, 2018
6:17 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

No

December 24, 2018
7:21 pm
leslee

Tangling threads into a messy ball in the bleak midwinter -

I'm reviewing a book on healthcare reform. On page 100, I read, "Sometimes, less is more." On page 102, I read, "Watching and waiting."

I had the second dream recently about having a price on my head. Last night, I overhead my mother and one of the boss' friends conspiring to kill me. I decided to help so they would think I was nice and maybe change their minds. I started carrying water for the ice they needed. (The paranoia started after it came to my attention that a county commissioner had made a ---- this is getting too dark.

So, I got a Christmas card from a cruise today. It had a price tag on it. Maybe I'll print it and wear it for a hat as if to say dreams really can come true. (P.S. I'm in the mood for red Christmas cards, so I liked that.)

If anybody sees Justin - what - be super nice? How can a normal person not be super-nice to Justin?

Obviously, I have still not found my soul, and I have broken my word by returning to post in the catacombs. After wishing all (especially Justin) the best of Christmases, I shall go back into my pile of work to expedite the day when I will again have time to search for meaning - purpose, not ways to become meaner.

January 7, 2019
2:16 pm
leslee

I opened up the letter that the postman gave to me this morning. Had to stop myself from shouting out.

It was something with the initials, "SDEaRttCTT: TPoR." It was headed straight toward the trash can, but then I thought maybe there would be a little photo of Justin. I'd put it on my desk until I trashed it like I do all my earthly possessions. It comes with nearsightedness and a lack of depth perception. So, I browsed it, and my soul felt joy, not for what was in it, but for what wasn't. It was as if somebody had spoken truth to power, and I approve of that message.

But for some form of perverse pleasure, I think I'll cut out the few sprigs of hair and the lapel and tape the ensemble to the computer - because I'm weird that way.

January 7, 2019
2:20 pm
leslee

That's what I did. If anybody asks, I'd like to be able to say, "Oh, it's a friend of mine." Unfortunately - aw, you know the rap.

January 7, 2019
2:23 pm
leslee

It reminds me of "Aja" (visually, that is).

Peace, out.

January 10, 2019
7:42 am
leslee

leslee said

Does anybody else feel like life lost its meaning since Justin disappeared? Asking for the proverbial friend.

February 23, 2019
1:21 pm
leslee

Have any of my fellow bots heard word of what's ailing Justin? Should we be praying for supernatural intervention? I know it is rude to insinuate Justin should worry his fans are stressing over this. I'm fine, but the N/m^2 are causing baggage to bubble out and over.

OK. Justin goes back on the prayer roll.

March 17, 2019
10:16 pm
leslee

Tonight my father asked if I knew what was going on with Justin.

Hey, anybody. Tell Justin to be well. Help Justin be well ...

April 28, 2019
9:07 pm
leslee

Last year, this time, ....................................

April 30, 2019
9:36 pm
leslee

Dog 1: This morning walking The EVO!, I saw what looked like swallows.
Bird 1: I enjoyed their graceful flight and started singing "The Swallow." Thought I, "Wow. I never realized how pretty that song is." (NOTE: When I sing when I'm walking the dog, it's usually in coloratura baby talk. Even so, the mordents!)
Bird 2: Yesterday, a huge raven or something plopped on a bow outside the window. Normally, it is occupied by doves, cardinals, or jays. I've since seen two of the same creatures. Is it an omen?
Bird 3: The EVO! and I also saw a turkey.
Dog 2: Tonight, walking The EVO!, a tiny dog ran after her. Since The EVO's a herder, we walked the dog back to the owners - when the second dog got loose. This one was tied to a retractable leash that appeared to have been anchored by an old, rusty pair of hedge shears. The dogs started circling me - retractable leash and all. The cord wrapped around my feet, and I feared it could strangle a foot. The shears kept getting closer and closer. Then, the owners rescued me. It took awhile to untangle the strange mess.

So, last time I was here, I said I was listening to Chicago, and now Justin's playing there. Putting on my magical-thinking cap, what shall I listen to tonight? "In My Little Town"? "In My Room"? - Yikes! Did I say that?!

Peace, out.

May 4, 2019
11:08 am
leslee

A year ago today, Justin was in München, a beautiful city. He near the Isar River, and near the Heilig-Geist-Kirche. When I was in Munchen, I recall being jet-lagged, in a sea of unfamiliar phrases. I woke up when I saw a street named "Heilig Geist." I knew what that meant. But now, I'm jaded and burnt out, fighting computers and chasing deadlines is all I know. I wish I really knew what that meant again. (Am I spouting off into the aether a prayer for help? Probably. It's just me and the bots in here. Why not?)

Hi, bots.

May 4, 2019
9:15 pm
leslee
May 27, 2019
10:45 pm
leslee

Country Creations Florists say: The best time to say I love you is no occasion at all.

June 5, 2019
10:33 am
leslee

I woke up this morning thinking about Oop North. I've been buried in deadlines and didn't realize it was just over a year ago that I learned what that was. "Why is learning such a thing so memorable?" you may ask.

June 5, 2019
10:34 am
leslee

Because Justin was there, silly.

June 17, 2019
11:42 am
leslee

I am disappointed. As was mentioned years ago on this site, I am passionate about multi-part Renaissance music sung in cathedral. Now, I can only find works online by one group, to which I do not enjoy listening. The interpretation is all wrong. Something there is about the distinction between an all-male choir and the same song with warbly sopranos. It's like the difference between ecstacy and ew. It misses. It is no longer my genre. I find bad music from the '80s more listenable.

May 11, 2023
10:33 pm
taylorgodiva
Forum Posts: 2

leslee said
Tonight my father asked if I knew what was going on with Justin.

Hey, anybody. Tell Justin to be well. Help Justin be well ...  

How is Justin's situation now? [size=1]Geometry Dash Scratch[/size]

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0