Widget ImageStealing your idenity to another board without permission and no knowledge of them. | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Stealing your idenity to another board without permission and no knowledge of them.
October 13, 2013
8:49 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have had two people on this board "Yvonne and Bonnie" by their own posting , "out" my username on this board to facebook. I was protecting my facebook account (name, pictures etc. for personal reasons. This is totally against the rules of this board and is indeed cyber bullying. Besides reporting them to the two boards administration, what can be done to get this to stop? They will not prevent me from posting as I guess is their hope.

October 14, 2013
11:45 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Welcome to the group It's been done to me, sadly by people who are no longer with us, who couldn't take the heat in the fan club.... que lastima. These folks have been blocked on a few newsgroups for their shenanigans, and by many Moody fans as well (on FB). I'm still trying to be understanding and give them time to get their heads straight. There's always hope. And yes, apparently they are perfectly nice "just folks" at fan gatherings, I've talked to many who know them. I think sometimes the Internet brings out the Thoughtless Beast in people.

You'll have to excuse forevermoody, she's probably on furlough.... I know where she works. I know more than a few things about the other ones too, that I'd just love to share.

In the meantime, I'm seriously thinking of copyrighting my handle.... I ran across someone using it on Twitter! Just imagine.... I totally pulled it out of the air too, thought I was very clever and original.

RS I did try to PM you on FB, I hope you'll be my friend (what interesting posts you make) and let's just try to ignore the toxic stuff for now. It's best. Believe me, I've been dealing with it for a few years now. Don't let anyone drag you down to their level. There's a LOT of brainless gossip in the fan club, mostly from people who don't have enough BAND gossip to pass, so they pass it about each other .... I've blocked a LOT of Moody fans on FB for just this reason... .they have no business seeing photos of my grand baby and family.

October 15, 2013
1:16 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30

Please try p.m..ing me again on facebook. You are not blocked nor is anyone.

October 16, 2013
1:35 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

Well.... there are several people on FB with your name! :) Pretty much if you see the lady with the Blue Moon on the FB MB groups, that's me (I'm on several). I also have a Moody website with "news" sorta an underground thing, http://www.illaheematters.yuku.com. And if you REALLY want to PM me, my public PM addy is josiecuervo100@yahoo.com. Goes for anyone, I'm always ready for some off line hot bubbling cheese.... Laugh

People have outed me before with my full legal name, and that's terribly uncool (the chick who did it to me then turned around and tried to sue ME..... one more wacko-doodle). I very rarely (if ever) do it to others, tho I'm often tempted. Many of us are working folks, and when you go apply for a job, an internet search can turn up some not cool stuff this way, if you get in a bad position on a newsgroup. The mob "dog pile" mentality in the Moody fan base has been pretty disgusting in the past, many of us have been burned. I'm with the general consensus here, let's try keeping it civil for a change. Glo and Taran sure wouldn't put up with it on their groups, and likewise the FB admins feel the same way.

Identity theft is also ever present. Let's use our heads. And I suspect someone of trying to hack my account on here, so if you are, knock it off. Grow up.

FYI all the people really stirring up trouble here have been blocked on MY FB, so I have no idea what they're doing over there. Like I say, they have no business looking at photos of my grand-baby.

Keep smiling!!! and plug in your brains, everyone!

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0