Widget ImageTo What Are You Listening Part II | Random Topics | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
To What Are You Listening Part II
October 28, 2018
2:26 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 28, 2018
2:36 pm
leslee

The song sounded better than ever today. It is very sad, but pithy.

Look at all those replies. I loved it when Moodies fandom was all like that, lovers and seekers attracted to supernal music. I learned a new word: mooi. And that this song - and Justin - is.

I must now listen again.

November 4, 2018
7:49 pm
leslee
November 6, 2018
3:22 pm
strangeblue25
Forum Posts: 10

Have been listening to the Box Set of ISOTLC this past week-end, great sound through the headphones. Thank you Leslee for Justin's "Had to Fall in Love" always enjoyed that song.

November 7, 2018
8:50 pm
leslee

Aw, thanks. It's a great song on so many fronts, but the live version beats the vinyl. It's so awesome.

ISOTLC was a great album. The second side was my favorite side ever for the longest time, and may still be if I stopped to think about it. It would wipe the burdens out of my mind and make me want to float away. The last time I listened to it and really soaked it in was in Texas. I was in a funk and thinking of never going to another concert. I put that on as the first Moodies thing I could find on YouTube, and got the courage to go to the show and have one of the best times of my life.

The computer's been having viruses swept off for a long time today, so now I think maybe it's time for me to tune in to some Moodies, huh?

BTW, strangeblue25, did you do the OpenFan thing? I signed up, unsigned, ran four antiviruses, and now I'm wondering if I'll be missing out. Thanks.

November 8, 2018
10:31 am
strangeblue25
Forum Posts: 10

Hi Leslee, Yes I signed up for the OpenFan thing, probably a big mistake as I'm not very computer savvy and this MBT Community board seems to have more than its fair share of risk. It is the Moodies official site so I tend to view on a regular basis but rarely post (anywhere), but thanks to you for keeping the flame alive.

November 12, 2018
2:00 pm
leslee

That is good. I err on the side of having to say something vs. having something to say. Like so many things, my actions are the enemy of my conscience.

Speaking of irony, I am enjoying the catacombs created by Open Fan, now. I may have to delete my Twitter/Facebook accounts because, how shall we say this nicely, a certain borderline schizophrenic with a record for trespassing with an illegal firearm has re-emerged, wanting to "friend" me on social media. I shall spend downtime today deleting sensitive material - like "likes" for Justin concerts.

Please let nobody be offended for my actions, as I expect I'll be "un-liking" a lot of good stuff. I'll miss keeping up with ticket onsale dates and even #JHQAs, but I find myself asking what if this stalker dude figures out I have a big crush on Justin? What if he sees my brother has my last name and thinks he's my husband and goes after my niece and nephew? Like it or not, it seems I cannot escape his crazy world. The same dude "figured out" a lot of weird stories, which he related to me about my own decisions in life before I started forwarding his letters unread to church leadership. His fantasy knows neither bounds nor correction; and I sound like I need to get put away any time I talk about it.

I'm assuming the mighty Open Fan paywall and my lack of a last name make things safe down here - but I may be pulling out in short order. I just want everybody in Moodyland to know I think the best of them and wish them well.

November 15, 2018
10:47 pm
leslee

I started reading Justin's old posts in the absence of anything new, and that made me think of this:

January 6, 2019
9:57 pm
leslee

I was listening online to 'Strange Times.' I loved "Haunted" and "Foolish Love." It took me back to a time when life was simple and free, when music took my mind to a heavenly place, and I wasn't so bat**** crazy. I flash back to Chicago, a time of miracles, everything was possible.

It was odd, but "The One" was not available in this country. I know I only needed to change my settings to another country to pick it up, or pull up a different version. I didn't care to.

I present to you Edward Gomez' interpretation of "The Swallow." Who would have heard a mariachi train ride?

list=PL8a8cutYP7fp5uc1zmhW5_9A-Wi2COHw4&index=13

As I type, I'm listening to "Say What You Mean." I love it. I think it wasn't critically acclaimed, and maybe the band even criticized it, but I love it. I ran stairs to it when I was house-sitting in the day. I went back to Michigan and walked from my old home all the way to the top of Sashabaw Road, passing Pine Knob, where I attended my first ever Moodies concert. This song was on my mind as I walked along the dirt road, which is surely paved by now.

I first became aware of 'Keys of the Kingdom' when I was driving home. I was new to this state, and we had a great station with live DJ's who played songs off CDs and vinyl. So, they had the liberty and discretion to play "Say It with Love." I knew that voice and that sound. I pulled off in a dirt spot to listen. That spot will always be special to me.

Has anybody heard anything from Justin?

April 28, 2019
8:49 pm
leslee

Last night, I was listening to Chicago and Maynard Ferguson. I was in the mood for some impassioned, random, nocturnal trumpet sounds.

July 4, 2019
9:30 pm
leslee

It's been a great week or so. I just finished my contributions to a songwriting competition. I could have submitted up to ten pieces, but I settled for three, not wanting to dominate the thing with victory. I was splitting my time between binge-watching biblevideos.org, totally drawn into the literal Johannine scene, or at least its alignment with my interpretations, and not doing much work, though deadlines now encroach. The first submission, I just prayed and said God knows all music and asked if he'd give me something great. After that, the chorus came almost faster than I could get it down on paper, and I dare say I have never written anything so perfect. Well, if it loses and the judges are not crazy, the winning compilation is going to be mind-blowing out of this world, so I'm happy for everybody and the end product, come what may. Early into the week of cramming for something I had a year to do, I was stopped at a stoplight and mistook the green, yellow, and red lights for the notes for triad beginning on D, I can't remember now.

Anyway, a biproduct of the whole thing is that at some point I heard this little melody in my mind. It was so inane, it was anathema to the whole project, and I have not since been able to get it out of my mind. It goes:

G F# A D F# G and repeats

... and the riddle is - What is this?

August 1, 2019
10:05 pm
leslee

I'm dragging my feet reviewing a book "about hate and death and war, and I was having a problem getting the notes to a Chicago song, so I cheated and looked up the score online and found the sax, trombone, and trumpet were all scored in different keys, and the key signatures changed with about every staff. I've never seen the likes of it, which shows how little I know about music - but it sure sounds good. I'm not much a fan of key signatures anyway, as it's the accidentals and key transitions that make songs beautiful, anyway. Right? Then, some singers can make any melody charming.

I've been away, not because I don't enjoy my fat ego rambling around in here so much as I've been busy with jobs and family illness; but mostly because all the parental controls on this computer have programmed me to not even try to do social media. Imagine, one's father is in critical condition, and suddenly the computer decides to send all communications from friends and family to spam. Now, my manager wants to convince me it is the Russians hacking me. That's why I'm the dufus.

Why, even now, the computer is giving me a red triangle with an exclamation point saying "Not secure." Like what, is my bank going to refuse my checks because I posted something about scoring parts in different keys?

I know. To declare the rest of the world mad is to admit my own insanity, so there I go again.

August 1, 2019
10:08 pm
leslee

P.S. I see I left off the closed quote, so consider this an edit, you sweet bots of mine.

November 22, 2019
9:11 pm
leslee

I listened to Elvis on the radio today. I've never been much of a fan, but I left him on and was almost disturbed. His vibrato was oscillating at he same frequency as the arpeggio notes. It was totally annoying. How did anything so grating ever become popular, I wondered. I also wondered if he did that in all his (slow) songs, but couldn't bear the thought of finding out.

So, I'm working on my weekly articles. I'm told I can't write and even that I don't write for a local newspaper by people who would know more about me and what I do than I do. The lyrics to this song have been floating around in my head. Aren't they great?

I took a walk
Down by the prison wall
I didn't know
I couldn't see
The side of the wall
I needed to be

I Looked at the sky
I looked at the clouds still rolling by
Worshipped the sun
Giving it's life to everyone
Yeah I watched the clouds roll by
'cause we are all equal underneath the sun

That's the way
That's the way of the world
The way of the world
That's the way
The way of the world

I took a ride
Over the ocean wide
I didn't know
I couldn't see
Who I could trust
Or who trusted me

I travelled the earth
Trying to find the good and the kind
I had to choose
If I should win, or if I should lose
Yeah I had to choose, the way
'cause we are all, equal underneath the sun

That's the way
The way of the world
That's the way
The way of the world
That's the way
The way of the world
That's the way
The way of the world

OK. "yeah," isn't necessarily the greatest word, but to hear Justin sing it ....

June 18, 2023
4:50 am
geritil285
Forum Posts: 7

Toddlers start developing a sense of self, expressing their preferences and asserting their independence. They may experience moments of frustration and tantrums as they navigate their growing autonomy. https://toddlershelp.com/best-travel-crib-for-toddler/

July 13, 2023
10:09 pm
Mike34
Forum Posts: 3

The melody of the song is very gentle, it makes my soul feel more word hurdle relaxed. I love this song

July 17, 2023
7:31 am
unarmedsuck
Forum Posts: 2

Please consider this an edit, you lovely robots, as I failed to redactle unlimited include the closing quote.

August 1, 2023
5:26 am
craftclank

My spirit feels more at ease thanks to the song's lovely tune. I adore this tune. baldi's basics

August 8, 2023
5:42 am
lilysnape
Forum Posts: 5

It's so good, not only the lyrics are good, but the voice is also very warm. connections game

August 9, 2023
11:38 pm
tomusa0106

He is a very good singer and I love his voice. aa route planner

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0