Widget ImageNow that I think about it........... | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Now that I think about it...........
July 30, 2015
10:00 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Why on heaven's earth would they put this category in here? Most fans, especially when they are new to the process, immediately run with some tidbit of "information" to the "news" section, or even more misguidedly, post it in the "Random topics" category when it's plainly Moody related.

This is almost as mystifying as there being a category for one of their (LEGALLY DEFINED) contract side men, who was only with them for 12 years, while Gordon (for example) has been with them for 24 years (twice the length)

I hear a LOT of rumors, and just yesterday for example, I was talking off line with a Moody friend, and asked her "do you suppose ____________" and then said "Gosh don't spread that around, that's a rumor, but do you suppose???? " She isn't gullible, but agreed it would make sense.

Now that particular rumor I would no more post here than fly to the Moon unaided!!! It was just something my female intuition picked up. That's sorta why I tend to post links.... sorry you can't get through the links with your computer, leslee. There's a hot rumor on one of the other newsgroups about the Moodies playing Germany on Aug 1, but it's so obscure... and it's a document "out there on the Internet"

The sad thing is, until you get involved for a few years, and really understand, grasp deeply how many red herrings are galloping through our fan rumor mill, you think everything you hear is news. Not it's not. Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's real data. I know of several fans who, while not delusional, will make up stories to "throw other fans off the scent" is a misguided attempt to protect their favorite band member ..... or maybe they are just muddying the waters deliberately. Some really do fall under some sort of spell of the music, and go into a fantasy land, imagining things that aren't there, but ......... well we all know how that goes. Embarassed

Basically I think this newsgroup format must be based on some other fan group, some other rock band. It sorta takes up bandwidth. Nothing like a cookie cutter approach. One size fits all.... Laugh

Just sorta pondering... thought I'd bring it up for discussion. What IS a rumor? And what IS "reliable information"? Or a "reliable fan"??

July 30, 2015
10:20 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Rumors can be true or false. I think this category is here because a bunch of suits were sitting around the table tasked with making a web site for this or another rock band.

"The page looks good, but the aspect is a little wide. I like the font size, but if I stretch the boxes, there's too much space. Maybe we could add something," said one.
"What kind of category would draw daffy, smitten women to our site?" asked another.
"Oh, you know women. They're always into gossip, watching soap operas and reading the National Enquirer," said yet another.
"Yeah. That will get them talking and get us lots of clicks!" said the first.
"What should we call it?" . . .

Is that juicy enough for ya?

July 30, 2015
10:21 pm
leslee

P.S. Per a previous post, you probably gather I prefer "Mystery to Me" to "Rumours."

July 31, 2015
9:39 pm
lunazure

I confess to absolutely loving gossip! It's a way for women to touch base. Mind you I rarely pass rumors on in exactly the form I get them. Some get parked in my brain and don't surface for a couple of years, if at all.

Mean spirited gossip!!!??? Well there's many folks I don't care for in the fan base.... I don't rag on them publicly, but I do like to know what they're up to so they don't attack me at a show. Or grope me! (It's been known to happen)(hey it's rock n' roll!) People talk about me too probably, and I don't care. I think that's whole key to things.... have nothing to hide, and ignore them if they DO talk about you. Because what they don't know would fill libraries probably.

Cool rumors are simply unsubstantiated truths. When they are backed up by reliable data, then they become news. Politics uses whisper campaigns all the time, and sway the ignorant and ill informed because people are lazy and don't do their homework. So, have your facts straight!

Even more insidious, some people start rumors to make themselves look more important. That really IS funny, don't you think?

August 4, 2015
9:52 pm
leslee

We must disagree.

"Truth is my addiction, stranger still than fiction, wider than the sky." - What's-His-Name

"Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." - Prov. 17:9 NIV

I just got out of a county commissioners' meeting. It was a parade of fallacies. People wanted to control each other, and thought they could one-up their agendas on the simpletons - or something. Then, there were the lame excuses and silencings. So sad.

I don't even know where to begin homework on political issues. I think I told you about a friend who was CIA. I hung out with his sister a lot, who said XXXX thought we were all morons for believing the TV. I think I mentioned before I don't have much respect for social sciences, because they presume to know what people are thinking when, in my experience, people don't know what they're thinking most of the time. Yep. I'm back to despondency. It's too dark to see my friends the trees.

"They don't lie. They don't lie. They don't lie." - Clapton

August 5, 2015
8:47 am
leslee

Oh, you were just playing with me. Then, I flaunted my flawed character for the world to see by falling for it. What a dweeb I be. Grrrrr.

August 5, 2015
8:48 pm
lunazure

No, no biggie. I like the Bible quote... nice. And very real. Like I say I do get rumors all the time... by the time a Moody rumor gets to ME, it's all over the place underground. I've been known to re-spread a rumor, but from a different perspective to yes "cover over an offense".................

Sadly there are truly folks who could see the negative in an angel's song. It's all about attitude. I judge no one, or try not to, unless they've opened fire with an Uzi in a theater. That IS pretty evil you gotta say.

My brother works with civic systems, city manager that sort of thing. He says the same. His bottom line is, stay within budget (spending means more taxes, or debt, both are bad ideas), but is constantly in conflict with twerps who yes have some personal agenda, usually involving spending a lot of money they don't have. My brother is pretty much an alpha male, and super honest (I grew up with him) and I know he's not a crook. Anyone who can't get along with him really IS evil or in serious denial, and it happens. I've heard some doozy stories. He's raised five children and they are all model citizens, so his advice is golden; I pay attention. (I also know his weak points, but don't point them out. we stay good friends that way). But, he's over stressed, and I hope he retires really soon. Politics draws crooks like poop draws flies.

That's the whole premise of psychodynamics (Freud, Jung), there's a "sub text" of what they are really thinking below what is obvious. Subconscious in the vernacular. I get in trouble when I start dealing with the subconscious script rather than the conscious script. Usually there's some denial around the sub-script stuff, and it comes out as anger etc. No, people DON'T know what they're thinking often.

That will be $200 please. Wink

I don't believe the TV either, or very little anyway. In fact I still haven't hooked up cable. Anon.

August 7, 2015
3:54 pm
lunazure

Here's a good rumor off Facebook....

W A R N I N G ! ! ! ! THIS NOTICE IS DIRECTED TO ANYONE WHO HAS A FACE BOOK ACCOUNT: IF SOMEONE IN YOUR PROFILE OR A FRIEND SENDS YOU A LINK THAT SAYS "VISIT THE NEW FACE BOOK", DO NOT OPEN. . . IF YOU DO, YOU CAN SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR FACE BOOK PAGE! THIS IS ACTUALLY THE WORK OF A HACKER WHO STEALS YOUR DETAILS AND REMOVES YOU PERMANENTLY FROM YOUR OWN PAGE. PLEASE COPY.....IF YOU CAN'T COPY AND PASTE.PLEASE SHARE

I refuse to share all the things that say "please share" no matter if it's begging, tempting, warning etc.... why oh why do others think they can hustle me into reposting their thoughts through guilt or compassion? Or worse yet, veiled threats? Bizarre stuff. I never forward when it asks me to forward. FB is a very strange place.

August 7, 2015
10:15 pm
leslee

I wish my facebook page would disappear. I've managed to like something I've never heard of and another political candidate I would never endorse. They're right up there with Justin and one or two things I actually did like. Besides that, I keep forgetting my password, and I'm too narcissistic to process everybody's cookie-baking experiences.

New Face Book - Take me away!

August 9, 2015
5:04 pm
lunazure

Well unfollow it.... block it, spam it etc. There are many options. I've had to unfollow some folks and things I liked because they were posting things I was uninterested in.... I was being flooded. Yeah I had one who did nothing but post very fattening recipes, and while a nice person, it was too much. Odd all the friend requests I have too. I rarely click on those.

August 18, 2015
1:28 pm
leslee

But unliking and unfriending is a little too cold for me. It's not as cold as being outside of Justin's heart, but it's cold.

Aww, a cute little birdie just tried to grab the screen and faw down. He was soooooo cute. Really.

September 26, 2023
10:58 pm
Whicen1981
Forum Posts: 1

Maybe you should play sonic exe to better understand this game.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0