Widget ImageOh marvy, a new forum | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Oh marvy, a new forum
September 25, 2013
5:19 am
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I can't tell you all how excited I am with this new format! I spent all day with hopping house apes (3rd graders) I think they ran their real teacher off with a nervous breakdown, had to fly by seat of pants with no lesson plans (did fine) five very noisy little boys who are going to be missing recess if they don't shape up....

Had to run Dad to the ER tonight with a bashed head..... no fun.... five hours later........ make that seven after I get off work, I log in to this joyous news.................

leslee you do realize all our marvelous madness has evaporated????? Ghostie will you ever materialize again??? Brown I know you're out there somewhere!!!

Sigh..............

Best wishes to all in recovering your thoughts... gosh I had a couple of links on here I planned to go back and see, there was some good music in the "what are you hearing now?" thread, don't suppose those could be restored??? %}

PS leslee I'll emali you tomorrow if and when I finally get done with buying some more food!!!! (no time for a grocery run even!!!)

September 25, 2013
4:31 pm
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

Luna, pammy here!
Lookie at the message at the top of the page:
It says: <<<<<>>>>>

So if there is anything you want to revisit or save, go for it, sistah!
I agree, there are a number of threads full of the fun & frivolous and ones that were lovely, insightful & in-depth. And it was nice to discover that option exists to retrieve stuff for at least a little while.
However, we can view this is an opportunity to begin anew, wiping the slate clean, leaving any of the inharmonious aspects of the old board jettisoned into the big black garbage can of cyberspace where such toxic refuse belongs.
Laugh
We can look at this is the Sage cleansing roll-out.
I look forward to yours and Leslee's continued capricious semantical escapades. I luv 'um.
~ pam

September 25, 2013
5:31 pm
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

I will consider it an ounce of redemption and try to post only courteous and insightful messages.

September 25, 2013
8:30 pm
moodytoni2
Forum Posts: 3981

I like the new format!! It's really attractive!!

moodytoni2

September 26, 2013
12:12 am
lunazure

I feel the same frustration I always do when confronted by a new format, new machine, new process, etc.....

Old dog.... resisting new tricks.........

Yes it's colorful, bright and eye catching. I will give kudos to the marketing staff. And yes it's nice to get away from the occasional guru "you failed to log in and now have a worm" flag....

I bet that "math required" filter will help too. Everyone knows spammers can't add.

September 28, 2013
6:40 am
Pammypoo

I really love the new design. It'll take some getting used to and requires the re-routing of some brain circuitry - used to going on other pathways - but soon we'll overcome that awkward learning curve and all will be well.
I, for instance, can't seem to find text editing properties: italics, text size, font etc.....Perhaps this option doesn't exist. And when I attempted to add the quote at the top of the page referencing the archives, it didn't appear in my post. But no worries. With a little further exploration and patience, I'll figure it out.
I must say, the colors chosen: shades of black, red, yellow, white etc. are very nice. I'm enjoying the departure from the standard blue color scheme usually paired with the band.

My wish:
I hope the cosmetic revamping of the board secondarily serves as as a new opportunity for all Moodies fans to express themselves freely, while feeling welcomed and valued, be they the occasional or regular board poster,
Best Wishes to MBT and all present and future posters.
May this community be a happy, healthy one operating with a good balance of fun, maturity, kindness and consideration for one another.
Amen
Wink

September 29, 2013
10:42 am
lunazure

Excellent sentiments.

I can't find the editing options either. Also, we are unable to edit unless it's the last message in the thread. The old board had that option which I enjoyed.

It's different. Cool

September 30, 2013
4:06 pm
MagicalBlueTail
Forum Posts: 166

Pammypoo said

Luna, pammy here!

However, we can view this is an opportunity to begin anew, wiping the slate clean, leaving any of the inharmonious aspects of the old board jettisoned into the big black garbage can of cyberspace where such toxic refuse belongs.
Laugh
We can look at this is the Sage cleansing roll-out.
I look forward to yours and Leslee's continued capricious semantical escapades. I luv 'um.
~ pam

hi Pammy! Lovely to see you - how's the view of the "ruins of Xanadu" looking from your artistic vision these days? Smile

September 30, 2013
8:02 pm
lunazure

I was just thinking, there are two Xanadus on the Moody vacation this month.... . Xanadu gift shop in The City (look it up) and Hearst's castle. What an interesting bit of synchronicity.

Pam, like I say, good sentiments. Positive attitude.

*Down through caverns measureless by man into a sunless sea*

Confused

October 2, 2013
12:13 pm
Pammypoo

BlueSphinx wrote: "hi Pammy! Lovely to see you – how's the view of the "ruins of Xanadu" looking from your artistic vision these days? "
Hi , my lovely little free-thinking friend. Kiss
All is well. Things are looking good.
This change, I believe, is good and all will be well as long as civility, and decency prevail.
A simple task for a great bunch of people bonded by their love of music, the Moodies and on-line community interaction.
L....p

~~~~~~~~
luna ~ I've got Hearst Castle on my America's Castles Set, have seen many specials and read much about it. Would LOVE to visit it, as I am an architectural, antique, historical fiend.
I saw on another thread your mention of doing a FLW (group of houses) tour. Oh what a treat!!! Get this, my g.friends mom used to live in a house built by a FLW protege, in Silver Spring MD. It even had a unique hut-like mushroomy type shed structure out back. It was quintessential Arts & Crafts, with built in furniture, lighting....whole nine yards. Very cool. Well, she had to sell. Found a buyer. Had no idea until after she signed and sold that the buyer would TEAR IT DOWN. To think that fantastic house gone. UGH! I'd have been sick. LOL not even my house and I was sick for days after hearing about it!!

October 2, 2013
10:38 pm
lunazure

People are nuts... many of FLWs originals have been torn down, in fact last December my brother and I went and saw one that was going to be demolished by a developer .... what a dummy, all he had to do was restore and charge admission, it would be worth it!

My Dad was an architect, and we were sorta embedded in it growing up. We went through Hearst's Castle long ago, and were all suitably impressed... we loved the swimming pools the most. Talk about paradise!!! There's also a great story about the Marx Brothers attending a weekend party there once, and it snowed in the night.... the guests all woke up and found fur coats draped all over the statues outside (most of them nudes of course). Yeah it's worth visiting at least once. I'm not sure I'll have the time this trip to do it, too many other points of interest.

FLW had a lot of proteges, they were and are known as The Fellowship.... used to be Wright and the Fellowship (most of whom had paid a hefty tuition to apprentice under the Old Man) would travel seasonally from Taliesin to Taliesin West each Fall and Spring. All very talented (and often wealthy) people. We met Wright in Phoenix at Taliesin West when I was very small.... I can remember it was pretty grubby (sandy, dusty) and open air, typical of many construction sites. They had plans all over doors up on cinder blocks.

I love ALL the arts, but architecture has a dark side.... it's a pretty grubby existence when it's being built, and often you wind up living it the half finished mess! Laugh My mom always said Wright was impractical and put his closets in weird places.

October 4, 2013
11:48 am
Pammypoo

lunazure said

People are nuts... many of FLWs originals have been torn down, in fact last December my brother and I went and saw one that was going to be demolished by a developer .... what a dummy, all he had to do was restore and charge admission, it would be worth it! >>>>

Pam says: Yes, you can say that about so many old buildings. But there is always that battle between those wishing to preserve the style and craftsmanship of the past and those wishing to tear town and put in a parking garage, a Walmart or some other modern, imo, blight.
Thanks God for preservationists and the like. So often the battle to preserve cultural/historical/architectural heritage is lost and what is left are memories, folklore, paintings and photographs - if we're lucky.

>>>>>Luna wrote: I love ALL the arts, but architecture has a dark side.... it's a pretty grubby existence when it's being built, and often you wind up living it the half finished mess! Laugh My mom always said Wright was impractical and put his closets in weird places.

You had a rich childhood. I've seen a good deal of film footage of Wright at work. Cool, your having been to Taliesin and meeting him as a girl. It's true, building is a grubby work that takes incredible fortitude, resolve and above all vision. No, I take that back, above all one needs great architectural plans and skilled workmen to bring it all to fruition under the architect's clear vision.

October 4, 2013
8:59 pm
lunazure

Wright couldn't have done the stuff he did today, the building inspectors would have shut him down. There's also a story that he sat on top of the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo as the city fell to earthquake and ruin.... his building stood just fine. Alas the Japanese tore it down for a development :P Taliesin West is all "preserved" and beautiful now, but it was a "hippy" like existence for a long time... used local materials etc. Times were tough, during the Depression and after the war. It was all built by the students and apprentices.

I'm not putting the whole story on here, remind me to tell you if I ever meet you. Wright was a nice old gent, but very human... :) It was about like Justin Hayward declaring a "fellowship" taking tuition, and having student musicians follow him around the country, backing him up. Those people worshiped Wright.

Architecture has changed a lot since those days.....

October 8, 2013
4:07 am
Melani
Forum Posts: 11

Hiya cuties! Nice to see the new format as well. Haven't posted in a LONG time. But lovely to see Pammy around. Miss you terribly!

Hope this new board and format makes for a comfortable chatting area. Been reading a lot off the last one. Too much drama. Can't I get that already on the Bravo network?? I awaiting a reality show with the likes of all going on.

Take care, and keep smiling. (hmmm...familiar phrase)

Melani Wink

ps...what's with the math questions???

October 8, 2013
8:26 am
Pammypoo

Miss Melani, equally lovely - no, MORE lovely to see YOU posting!
I hope you feel comfortable here, too - as I've missed your sweet presence and feel your spirit adds a good vibe to the community,
I agree with your sentiments and am here at the launch of this new edition of MBT to help set the tone.
There are lots of good people lurking out there and still trying to get past some glitches, so I expect things to gradually grow as time progresses.
Hugs to you.
love....pammy

October 8, 2013
12:33 pm
Pammypoo

lunazure said
.... remind me to tell you if I ever meet you. Wright was a nice old gent, but very human....

I sincerely look forward to it!!

October 15, 2013
4:56 pm
MagicalBlueTail

Melani said

ps...what's with the math questions???

Maybe because you can't have "math" without "music"/"music" without "math"?...on that "note" maybe the MoodyBlues decided to this was a neat little way to "play" with the rest of us...

But I think they're kinda fun, don't you? Wink

nice to see you here, melanie--Smile

xoxox
Sphinx

11+8=19

October 15, 2013
8:37 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

Actually it’s preventing unauthorized robotic entry to one’s response or comment.
I guess you can’t trust anybody or anything these days. So sad

jenCry

October 15, 2013
11:27 pm
MagicalBlueTail

jen said

Actually it’s preventing unauthorized robotic entry to one’s response or comment.

jenCry

We know dahlin ...I just thought MY spin on it might be more captivating .... ;-)

Xoxo
BlueSphinx

October 16, 2013
8:29 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

BlueSphinxFromAshes said

jen said

jenCry

We know dahlin ...I just thought MY spin on it might be more captivating .... ;-)

Xoxo
BlueSphinx

Well excuse me, and I am not and never will be your darlin, I already have one.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2659

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0