Widget ImageRoses, Blondes, Stories, Truth, Observations and the List Goes On | Rumor Central | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Roses, Blondes, Stories, Truth, Observations and the List Goes On
October 14, 2013
4:17 pm
Gypsy8181
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

To all,

I was a bit distressed as I read the thread in regards to the Platinum Blondes and the roses and how quickly it spiraled. I decided to start this thread as a way perhaps to at least shed some light on the subject to those that just casually observe these messes and think that everyone is just south of crazy. They're not. I promise. Granted there are a few in need of a jacket and padded walls, but the ladies from that post are not them.

To each of us, the Moody Blues means something different. Love, loss, strength, friends, family... the list goes on and on. The wealth of people that you meet as a result of how and what the band means to you is incredibly far reaching.
If you will...
Bonnie and Janet take amazing photos that bring concert memories back to life. They are very sweet, and both of them have amazing strength to overcome everything they face. Melani is an amazing presence just to be near. To half know her is to know what a good spirit really is, and she will always be the life of the party. All three of these women lead incredibly different, incredibly important lives, and are drawn to the same great thing. I hope beyond hope that some day, they will all value each other as much as I value each of them.
Having said that...
Observations are just that. They are observations. I've been the object of someone's interesting observations here, and I can tell you it becomes ridiculous to be singled out for something that you didn't do, or a gesture made just to be kind, the clothes you wear (or in my case DIDN'T wear) and even who you talk to. The sad thing was, when returning the observation, it was greeted with posts in response that have been edited more than a cheap tabloid headline. You can think what you want, but maybe, just maybe rather than dumping it onto the internet, you ought to keep it to yourself. Don't preach to be a saint with an open mind, when you're the first to sling mud. I don't need to point you out. You know who you are. No need to ram your name into the dirt, because this is just my observation, and if you're reading this and you realize that it is pointed at you, well....

There are two sides to everything, and often times the truth is somewhere in the middle. Enjoy the band how you want to enjoy it, but don't create 'nicknames' to snipe, don't assume you know how people are, and stop slandering people just to give yourself a cheap internet high. If you want to buy flowers, buy flowers. If you want to go to a bunch of shows, then do it, if you want to go to a show with your underpants on your head, do that too. Just make sure that #1 they are clean, and #2 that security doesn't see you.

Don't knock how anyone does their thing, or enjoys their time. You don't know what trial they got through to get to that seat for a night.

Finally, to Bonnie, Janet and Melani. You're all really wonderful, really special people. Don't let all of this stand in the way of enjoying each other and enjoying your time. Misunderstandings happen all to easily when a word is typed as opposed to when it is spoken. It is my hope that you read this and hopefully took what was meant out of it, and it is that you're all amazing.

October 14, 2013
5:40 pm
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Thank you.

October 14, 2013
5:51 pm
RSMoody
Forum Posts: 30

How well written, and I agree. Although I do not know these people, I only and always have wish them the best.

October 14, 2013
6:01 pm
forevermoody
Forum Posts: 291

Thank you, Gypsy.

October 14, 2013
7:30 pm
Pammypoo
Forum Posts: 70

Gypsy8181 said

Observations are just that. They are observations.

Simply stated and true.

Gypsy8181 said There are two sides to everything, and often times the truth is somewhere in the middle.

~ fair enough observation.

Gypsy8181 said Don't knock how anyone does their thing, or enjoys their time.

Wholeheartedly agree!

Gypsy8181 said You're all really wonderful, really special people. .

Thank you, Gypsy.

October 14, 2013
11:26 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I'm trying to decide which pair of underwear to wear............ Wink

Keep smiling! (John Lodge)

October 15, 2013
6:01 am
Melani
Forum Posts: 11

I appreciate your observation on this Gypsy. And have we met?

And I too thought about the underwear response..... haven't tried that, but will take your advice! LOL!

Melani Wink

And again... what's with the math question??

October 15, 2013
1:00 pm
jen
Forum Posts: 44

RSMoody said

How well written, and I agree. Although I do not know these people, I only and always have wish them the best.

I also agree. I have met these folks, in fact had a late dinner with them in Milwaukee after the gig. I can assure everybody these are first class people and very dedicated fans and there is nothing wrong with that.

Jim Smile

October 15, 2013
2:44 pm
forevermoody

jen said

RSMoody said

I also agree. I have met these folks, in fact had a late dinner with them in Milwaukee after the gig. I can assure everybody these are first class people and very dedicated fans and there is nothing wrong with that.

Jim Smile

Thank you, Jim.

https://i0.wp.com/img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/forevermoody/emoticons/bighug1.gif?w=75

October 15, 2013
9:28 pm
Pammypoo

Melani said

I appreciate your observation on this Gypsy. And have we met?

And I too thought about the underwear response..... haven't tried that, but will take your advice! LOL!

Melani Wink

And again... what's with the math question??

don't know Mel, I think the Math is getting harder though. Wink

"I appreciate your observation on this Gypsy. And have we met? "

ask *(......); aka Gypsy. *you know.

and what's the proper undie protocol? Do you go into the venue wearing the underwear on your head or put it on at the start of a song...or the end of the song...which song.........? WinkCool
ttyl hon.
l.....p

October 16, 2013
11:07 pm
Moodygirl

I have been to quite a few concerts and enjoy the opportunity to stand at the stage with the many other fans!
Yes, I also have flowers for Justin.
The majority of the fans that I met are amazing - that includes Bonnie and Janet!! {{I haven't met Melani yet}} Laugh

Why can't people just enjoy the music, the opportunity to see the MB and the other individuals?? Confused
I look forward to seeing everyone as much as the band

I spent my early Moody years raising kids, school, work, home, etc.
Now, I am enjoying "my" time ~ which means fan gatherings, meeting as many new/ current friends as possible
and traveling to as many shows/ cruises as possible.

As my mom always said " Grow up and Be nice"

October 17, 2013
12:24 am
moodyballetdancer
Forum Posts: 689

Many thanks for your post, Moodygirl.

October 17, 2013
12:34 am
forevermoody
October 18, 2013
5:29 am
Melani

Moodygirl said

As my mom always said " Grow up and Be nice"

I wish it could be that easy! Enjoyed your response. Thank you.

Melani Wink

October 18, 2013
5:31 am
Melani

BTW...where'd the other thread go?? Hmmmm.....

Melani Wink

October 18, 2013
6:10 pm
Gypsy8181

Proper underwear protocol: #1 Must be clean, #2 bows and flowers are acceptable. Always place undies on the head at the start of 'IKYOTS' so when the house lights go up, they can be appreciated.

Melani - we've met. You kept me smiling for hours.

October 18, 2013
7:53 pm
Pammypoo

Gypsy8181 said

Proper underwear protocol: #1 Must be clean, #2 bows and flowers are acceptable. Always place undies on the head at the start of 'IKYOTS' so when the house lights go up, they can be appreciated.

What a hoot!
picturing a gaggle of five or ten Moody ladies, all sporting assorted under-drawer head apparel, to Justin's singing "I know your out there somewhere."
Cool

November 17, 2013
1:54 pm
UturpAbleu
Forum Posts: 20

I've been a fan for many years and observed many fans, outlandish behavior, but mostly a lot of people having fun and enjoying the music at the concerts. One particular individual who comes to mind who was on some of the fan sites, some years ago, writing about her opinion that IKYOTS was a song based on religion. Sometime later that year, or maybe it was the next, at a venue in central/northern Illinois, I notice two couples in front of me. The couple to the left kept my attention during IKYOTS. The gentleman of the pair had white hair, or perhaps it was platinum, and the woman had brunette hair. During IKYOTS the woman stood with her hand in the air as though she was witnessing in church. I recall the gentleman looking up at her and rolling his eyes. And I remember Justin looking at her with a "WTH?" expression that quickly turned to a "Whatever!" expression as he directed his attention elsewhere. I strongly suspect that she felt the need to rationalize her actions to herself, her spouse, her community of the faithful or all of the aforementioned so as to allow herself to stand up with the rest of the women during that song. Rather sad, IMHO, but nothing new. Whether it's using cosmic philosophy, established religion, credentials, writing a book about the band or using other fans to promote one's agenda, there's really nothing new under the sun. I've said for years, and continue to say, that most Moody fans are very nice people. There are a few who try to take advantage of the band, their staff, their friends and family and other fans. Most of us who have been around for any length of time have observed such behaviors and been a target in one way or another. Most of us who have been around any length of time are much wiser than some give us credit for.

November 17, 2013
3:36 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294

I'm still trying to figure out the dude waving the stuffed rabbit in Eugene.

Mine is not to question why.......... Laugh

November 17, 2013
3:56 pm
UturpAbleu
Forum Posts: 20

Some things are best left to the imagination, Luna. :-)

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2660

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

pavloviktorko, larapeter, nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0