Widget Imagenews about Norda, Alan, Gordy and Julie | News and Info | Community

Welcome to the new Moody Blues Today forums. When using the below forums you will need to create a new username and password than what you had used on the old forums.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
news about Norda, Alan, Gordy and Julie
October 5, 2013
9:28 pm
lunazure
Forum Posts: 3294
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I don't know why they insist on putting in a category for Patrick, but not for ANY other legally hired side musician. Go figure.

Anyway Norda has out a new album, and is wanting folks to give it a listen. Darn I can't find the link, so I'm hoping some passing reader will pop it in here. She has a really good voice, and had/has her own career and band outside the Moodies. I couldn't find the link on her FB, I'll try to update this as I go along.

January 21, 2014
1:00 am
lunazure

Norda will be doing a chat over on TER on Jan 26, regarding her new album.

You can find the links at http://www.travellingeternityr.....d.yuku.com

I won't be over there because it's too much hassle to log on anonymously, and people seem to enjoy attacking me there, so I don't wish to stir up any stuff. Good luck to all, not everyone is into "posting" on TER. I do love Norda tho, so let's all support her as much as we can.

January 21, 2014
9:09 am
leslee
Forum Posts: 3631

Norda's a powerhouse of talent. I'm in awe of her, but I won't be going, either.

Now, if she were to be talking about the Moodies' next album . . .

January 24, 2014
8:20 pm
libramate
Forum Posts: 10

You can look Norda Mullen up on iTunes and preorder there. You can also listen to clips on her website at http://www.nordamullen.com/newcd.html.

January 25, 2014
9:13 am
leslee

Thanks for the link. I caught myself wondering what this would sound like a few times.

January 27, 2014
10:39 am
lunazure

Norda's been doing a bunch of radio spots and did a chat with TER......... maybe some of them will post links.... or I will when I get tuit.

January 27, 2014
9:02 pm
leslee

She talks like an intelligent and fun person. I'd like to have a listen in my spare time.

January 28, 2014
12:14 am
lunazure

Here's one........... likewise must find spare time to listen

Norda on the Radio

http://moodybluesattitude.yuku.....uctFbTTmMA

January 29, 2014
9:33 am
leslee

I never knew she sang like that. I was expecting a flute ensemble. The voice was nice, but I didn't take the time to try to filter out the electronics, which I curiously wanted to do. I thought the music was nice, but I wasn't into it enough to go buy it. Then, I thought how much more she must know about music, and how much I was missing.

I was surprised to know she went to Interlochen. We always got those invitations for summer camp kinds of stuff. Had I gone, maybe I would have met her. Didn't Alan have some kind of Interlochen connection, too? Wow. I really missed out.

February 2, 2014
12:03 pm
lunazure

She's on the radio again tomorrow..... Feb 3 in the UK. Same station I think.

https://www.facebook.com/nordamullen.officialsite/posts/1456041484615237

Julie will be performing with other artists Feb 6: hope this link works. In the Los Angeles area.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1620946_10152247584397059_72370466_n.jpg

Gordy and Paul are out touring too, with the Reflections, not sure of the dates, but here is their website. UK only

http://www.thereflectionsband.co.uk/

February 2, 2014
8:12 pm
leslee

It goes to show Julie IS the luckiest girl in the world. She's in sunny Southern Cal.

February 2, 2014
8:12 pm
leslee

No. I don't think it's luck. I think it's living right.

February 3, 2014
11:15 am
lunazure

SoCal stinks.......... literally. I grew up there and moved for a reason. To each his own........... hopefully Julie is smart, and lives in the mountains, or near the ocean.

Gordy has been on the radidio! Gordy with 10cc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/e.....3_02_2014/

Pahdon me, still bouncing around after that win last night.... cold sober, just giddy!!!

February 4, 2014
10:03 am
leslee

I LOVE LA!

February 4, 2014
10:33 am
lunazure

Puke. Sorry. LA is a good place to be FROM. Always can find work, that's good, but it's like the Land of Mordor. However, I CAN get around down there, better than most I suspect........... old stomping grounds. I really hope he can pick up solo shows down there. Surely.

February 5, 2014
12:00 pm
leslee

LA has palm trees and warmth. Nuff said.

February 6, 2014
2:08 am
lunazure

So does Florida.................... You've obviously never lived in SoCal for a long period of time. You wouldn't like it after a while, take my word for it. Looks like Justin is going to do LA in June maybe, may I offer my services as taxi again? Take you ALL over the LA basin. I know the good roads. (Better than Oakland I might add)

April 7, 2014
10:00 am
DeeLee
Forum Posts: 6

Alan, Gordie, Julie and Norda are very talented and personable musicians.

They add a lot to the Moody Blues' concerts.

Does anyone know if Alan and Julie will be joining Justin again on his solo tour??

April 8, 2014
11:31 pm
lunazure

Dee it's a total mystery............. I have heard rumors that Alan won't be along, and possibly NOT Julie, might just be Justin and Mike.

I have yet to hear whom Justin had at his solo show on the boat. NO stories yet. I'm a little put out, I really took time to keep people informed when *I* did the cruise, and no one is returning the favor sadly.

I guess that's how fan clubs go. Cry

April 12, 2014
9:39 am
leslee

I was wondering why people don't demand bios on these guys? I guess we're not love-crazed over them. Gordy, were you looking at me? Julie, what torn relationships drove you to play the piano with such a plaintive touch? I know, we strive to relate to stars like other people in their lives, but the closest we get is an opportunity to ask questions. We try to make it count, so we come up with all these weirdo questions. We start asking questions about the guitar as if our life depends on it, like, "What Larry Robinson inlay best fits your personality?" Going back to my earlier post, it as if we seek to create a spiritual universe given the substance of the material world in the hopes that somewhere these "orthogonal" planes actually do intersect.

This topic is locked
Forum Timezone: UTC -4

Most Users Ever Online: 87

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

nancyg: 5192

moodytoni2: 3981

leslee: 3631

lunazure: 3294

moodyballetdancer: 689

forevermoody: 291

maitrishah1: 253

Eastojamson: 245

milkwhitegown: 190

MagicalBlueTail: 166

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 2658

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 7

Forums: 20

Topics: 604

Newest Members:

nasv6262, orbeau, malansanni70, simonaragazza, MarkBerger, hefide9605, melvinburk, Billie34, Evanyost, Jenny110

Moderators: Andy Martel: 0, Michelle: 0

Administrators: admin: 0